Attorneys & Staff
At the law office of William R. Bunt, our entire staff follows a very deliberate philosophy of practicing law: We dedicate ourselves to providing each of our clients with legal services that are tailored to their specific needs. Often, these legal needs are dictated by the rural nature of Perry County and/or the local practices and rules that cannot be addressed by more impersonal legal services.
In particular, legal transactions with respect to real estate and end-of-life issues benefit from our firm's individualized approach. We work closely with all of our firm's clients to ensure that their real estate transactions avoid the legal defects that are so prevalent in today's real estate world, such as defective titles and poorly drafted agreements of sale. When it comes to real estate transactions, particularly residential real estate, we provide services at a fraction of the cost of real estate brokerage companies and realtor-associated settlement companies.
All discussions with potential clients remain entirely confidential.
Attorney Bill Bunt began his practice of law in Perry County in 1976 after clerking for the former President Judge, Charles Kugler. Bill is married to his wife, Jacquie, and together they have three children and four grandchildren.
Although Bill was presented with opportunities to work elsewhere, Jacquie and Bill believe that the rural atmosphere of Perry County and the opportunities that they have had to develop relationships in the community in which they reside has made Perry County a perfect place to raise their family and for Bill to practice law.
The rural nature of Perry County affords Bill the opportunity to practice many areas of law that are of great interest to him and beneficial to his clients. Those areas include real estate law, wills, powers-of-attorney, probate and estate administration, municipal and family law. Bill has been the Solicitor for Children and Youth since 1976 and has worked tirelessly to protect children in need of intervention. During that same period of time, Bill has also served as the attorney for the Office of Aging and is familiar not only with the laws affecting senior citizens, but also how to help them deal with the many issues facing them as they become elderly. Bill is aware of the many challenges facing a small business and has experience both in business formation and corporate law.
As an attorney with over 36 years of experience in Perry County, Bill has helped many people with their legal problems. His office is fully handicapped accessible and Bill and his dedicated staff look forward to continuing to serve the needs of Perry County for many years to come.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Wills, Powers-of-Attorney
- Real Estate Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Major: Political Science
- Perry County Board of Commissioners
- Role of County Solicitors, CCAP
- Construction Law & Contracts, HACC, 2006 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania County Solicitor of the Year
- New Bloomfield Fire Company Solicitor 25 years of dedicated service
- Lion's Club Member of the Year
- Capital Region American Heart Association Volunteer of the Year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Perry County Bar Association
- Blain Lions Club
- Carlisle Masonic Lodge #260
- Carlisle United Methodist Church
Pro Bono Activities
- President Perry County Bar Association , 1984 - 1986
- Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee Member, 2007 - 2013